Saturday 19 November 2011

Windy Nook

I keep forgetting that I live so close to this park. It's only 10 minutes away but every single one of those 10 minutes is a slog straight up Sheriff's Hill. That's reason enough for hardly ever going. I quite like this park and now all the perimeter fences have been ripped out a lot more lines have opened up.


It was a beautiful November day today. I got up pretty early and headed to the skatepark and it was a good 30 minutes before anyone else showed up. Some skaters turned up to skate the 6 foot tranny and they were sharing a giant pair of vert knee pads between the 4 of them. They were only 16 or 17 years old, I've never seen kids that age wear external knee pads in the last 15 years. They loved it, perhaps tranny schralping amongst the skater youth is on the rise in Northeast.


I thrive on peaceful and lonely sunny days at the Skatepark, I find an empty space within, I can forget my troubles, stress ebbs away from my temples and a huge weight lifts from my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment